Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Paper Hearts

12/31/13

So I pretty much have an idea what I'm going to do for Ben's birthday and Valentine's day.  For his birthday I plan on getting him a figurine from somewhere, like an Egyptian figurine or a Mayan since he likes figurines from other places and wants to decorate his future classroom with them.  I haven't decided which one to get him because there are so many to choose from.  I'll probably go for the Mayan one first since it's the cheapest and in the future an Egyptian one since there are tons online, even though I'm trying to stop buying unnecessary things online.  That is probably going to be one of my new year's resolution goals.  For Valentine's day I have started working on making penguin and owl valentine's day figures out if construction paper.  He likes birds so that's why I'm making owl and penguin construction paper ones.  Then I'm going to write sayings on them like "Owl love you forever" and "waddle I'll do without you" and then hopefully I'll get them laminated so they last longer because I want to decorate his outside gate with them and if he isn't working his car too.  I need more red construction paper and wiggly eyes for the owl and penguins and of course a lamination machine.  There's a lamination machine for $20 at Costco but I wonder if it would be cheaper to bring them into a store that does lamination.  So that's what I've been working on the last few days instead of my application for the master's program or cleaning my room or prepping for work (like making posters, etc.).  At least I'm almost done expect for the things I need so when work and school beings I don't have to spend that much time finishing the details of my plan.

Ben also wanted date night either this Thursday or Friday.  He doesn't know how tired he'll be from New's Years, so I'm guessing Friday, even though I would prefer Thursday because less crowds but I'll take what I can get.  Then hopefully I can get a nice picture of us so I can put it in the apple Coach key chain I got for Valentine's day.  I also still need to buy the My Little Pony and Hello Kitty Beanie Baby and marshmallow pop but those can wait a tad bit longer because I still need to pay for my spring classes and I have already spent more then what I wanted to this month!!!
I also suggested another date night for the 10th at a museum.  Being an anthropology major, dancing among artifacts seems pretty fun (though it's going to be in a safe designated area of course)!  On the first Friday of each month they do things like guest speakers, concerts and dances after museum hours.  I saw it in a school newspaper and always wanted to go to an event but never got a chance.  I suggested it and Ben liked it so we might do that do.  Hopefully the DJ is good, if not there's one in February.  Now I need to figure out what to wear!!! :)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment