Friday, December 27, 2013

Ideas Popping Left and Right

So I have some ideas for Ben's birthday and Valentine's day.  Hopefully they don't cost me a pretty penny and/or waste my time because I don't want a repeat of last year's Valentine's day.  So for Ben's birthday I was thinking of getting him movie passes and either a Sock Monkey TY Beanie Baby that has a happy birthday tee shirt on or a My Little Pony one since he is a brony.  Maybe a superhero tee too since he's into the whole comic book/super hero scene but I haven't seen any I like so far.  The movies tickets I can buy in the stores too, so that's a plus and I don't need my credit card to buy it online.  For Valentine's Day, I just bought online an apple photo keychain since he's working on being a teacher and possibly me.  I know I was trying to avoid buying online but I know this item will be probably be hard to find in the store and if I do, I'll probably pay close to retail price if anything.  On the plus side, I don't have to wait in line or go to different stores looking for it.  Now I just need a nice picture of us to put in it but I don't really like how I look in the pictures we do have together and nowadays we only hang out once a month, so I guess I'm going to have make sure we take a ton the next time we have a date night.  I was also thinking of getting him a Hello Kitty marshmallow pop since that's what he first gave me for Valentine's day when we were in college together.  We weren't dating then but he did want to ask me to dinner that night but chickened out.  I saw them yesterday at the stores already,  I wanted to buy one but I don't know if it's too soon to buy it because I don't want it to get hard but I don't want to wait to long to buy it and then go to the store only to find it out of stock.  I was then planning on attaching it to a Hello Kitty Beanie Baby holding a heart but I don't want to go overboard with giving him Beanie Babies but if I just buy one at the store I can expect to pay almost three dollars more for them as where buying them online, I save money, they shipped fast but I need to buy at least two to get free shipping but I can always keep the Hello Kitty one for me if I change my mind.  I want to buy balloons too and tie them to his gate at his house but I don't know if I should do this for his birthday or Valentine's day.  I'm leaning towards Valentine's Day since his birthday is on a Saturday and I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to do this plus I work on Friday's and Valentine's Day being on Friday, I can tie the balloons before I go to work but everyone will be buying balloons that day so I'm probably going to need to do this early.  I want to take Ben out for dinner  for his birthday but he'll probably be busy with his friends and forget about me and they'll probably take him out somewhere and forget to invite me.  And if I do get invited out, I'll probably just sit there very quietly and feeling awkward since I don't know any of his friends really.  I guess I can always take him out to eat the day before or after.  I don't know if I should get him a cake either since I don't know if I'll even get to see him on his birthday.  I'm probably also going to buy either a bag of sour hearts or chocolate hearts from See's Candies since I do every year and put them in the same bag that Ben had used for the Valentine's Day that he got me the marshmallow pop.  I did this last year and then he used the same bag for Christmas so we can keep using the bag till it falls apart or if either one of us loses it.  I thought it was funny that he actually kept it too.  Now I just need to figure out what I want to wear.               

No comments:

Post a Comment