Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Light

12.21.13

I finally have a chance to breathe and relax.  On winter break from school and work.  I hung out with Ben FINALLY last Sunday (12/15). This is the first time we been together since my birthday and that was a little over a month ago.  We went to see Christmas lights and had dinner afterwards.  Then we exchanged gifts.  He got me a HK tee.  I got him a Batman robe and HK blanket.  I wasn't sure how he was going to like the gifts, especially the blanket but he loved them and even sent me a picture of himself with the blanket.  He was a little hard to shop for but luckily I remembered he once sent me pictures of different super hero robes from Comic Con.  The blanket, I didn't know how he was going to react.  But the idea was that he was to think of me when he slept with the blanket.  Even though there was "Guy themed" blankets, I went with the Hello Kitty (hk) one because I love HK.  Hopefully, I get to hang out with Ben more during winter break because come January, school and work will start again for the both of us and I'm taking two classes this semester, so hopefully I can balance school, work, staying in shape, and Ben but work and school will be done by May so until then, I'm going to need to balance everything and hopefully stop procrastinating assignments.

Before I forget, while looking at the Christmas lights, Ben and I ran into someone that Ben went to high school with.  He introduced me to them as his girlfriend.  So I'm his girlfriend! :)  I could of have embarrassed by putting him on the spot and called him out how he hasn't officially asked me to be his gf but at least now I know I'm his girlfriend.  Now how to tell my parents and introduced him to them is a whole different thing to worry about!!!

I'm also in the process of applying for Masters.  Unfortunately, it isn't in anthropology but it can maybe lead me to an anthropology job one day.  I'm applying for a masters in teaching, when I think about it, anthropology is all around me, even in teaching.  From theories to culture understandings, I can put my anthropology knowledge into use.  I was surprised how much I used anthropology in the child development classes I have taken so far.  I'm still bum I'm not working in my ideal anthropology job or pursuing my masters in it but sometime life already has it's own plans for us.  I'm a little scared of applying because at first I wasn't really considering it, I was just more information but the more I look into the more I became interested, plus it's online, so that's a plus.  There isn't too many online graduate programs in anthropology and I've only received one follow up on information from the schools I have requested information from.  Back to my point, I'm scared because 1. I don't know if I have all the required classes, hopefully I do 2. What will classes be like 3.  Do I need to get B's or higher in my classes in order to pass, I know Ben was telling me in teaching program/graduate programs you do and he was getting a 79 in a class and worried he wasn't going to "pass" and have to take that class again which was going to through off his student-teaching process and when he could start applying to a school 4. And lastly, cost.  Classes are like $1,000 something per unit! So I have no idea how I'm going to pay if I get accepted :( They do offer loan forgiveness if you work for them so many years, so maybe I'll do that.

Ben's birthday is coming up in two months so now I have no idea what to get for his birthday and Valentine's Day! Stores are already pushing Valentine's day stuff already too when Christmas hasn't come yet.  I didn't see anything I liked online on free shipping day.  I looked into things like Batman pjs for men and tees but I feel I might be overdoing it with the whole Batman thing.  Maybe gift cards to the movies, he does go to the movies  a lot.  Last year, one of the things I got him was a gift card to one of his favorite restaurants, I don't know if I should do that again.  I did manage not to get him a gift card for Christmas so maybe if I do get a gift card, I get a pass for his birthday/V-Day.  He's hard to shop for and with gift cards, he can get what he wants :P So for now, I'm still looking for something to get Ben for his birthday and Valentine's Day.  Hopefully we can actually spend both of the day together because last year we did not but then again we didn't really start officially dating till March and he has yet to ask me to be his girlfriend officially.  But still it would be nice to spend those days together, hopefully we do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment