Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Everything is Awesome

Had a blast for Ben's birthday.  I let him picked what we were going to do for his birthday, because it was his birthday after all his birthday even though he did ask if there was anything in particular that I wanted to do.  I wonder if he was referring to the concerts at the museum since they were having one.  I didn't suggest it because I wasn't that interested in seeing the bands that were playing then I was in January.  I suggested dinner and a movie which he was fine with since he was hungry and he did want to see a movie after all.  We went to one of his favorite restaurants since he said he was in the mood for their salads that was all you can eat with all you can eat cheesy bread.  The restaurant was packed and we waited for about 45 minutes to get seated but I didn't mind since it gave us a chance to catch up.  After we were seated and had already had our orders served it was funny because there was at least 9 birthday celebrations and one marriage proposal going on.  I had them sing Happy Birthday to Ben too even though he didn't want it but secretly I think he did.  Plus we got a lemon sherbet to share. We went to the movies afterwards and he opened his present before the movies because it went with the theme of the night.  I had given him his present when I met up with him and he said he wanted to open the present towards the end of the night.  I did offer to get his present from the car while waiting for our table.  So he opened his present before the movies and he loved the Ra figurine and owl Huichol figurine and laughed when he was the movie theater gift card since we were at the movies.  I was going to save that for Valentine's day but thought it would make a better birthday gift.  He said he wanted to put those figurines on his desk when he became a teacher.  One of my favorite parts of the night was when he wanted to take pictures because he said his students didn't believe him that he had a girlfriend even though I could of pointed out that he hasn't officially asked me. While we were waiting to be seated I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said he got everything he wanted so far which was me <3 and an electric razor.  He said he also wanted a car charger for his phone which I had actually thought of giving him but the one I had wasn't for iPhone 5s and also a Lego keychain but didn't see any I liked online and a Lego picture frame but the ones online were really expensive.  We ended up seeing the Lego Movie since he wanted to see and it would give me something to talk about with the kids I work with too.  It was actually a good movie and by the end of the night I was amazed how much I really know Ben and how much we have in common.  I also went to the stores today and couldn't find any wiggly eyes in any of them.  I went to one of those dollar stores and saw so many balloons.  You can buy a balloon arrangement with 7 balloons and tied to weight and had a note saying $8 worth of items but I wonder if they also charge for inflating them at the cash register but I don't what time Ben comes home on Fridays and there's a chance someone might take it.  I did see one of those little balloons on a stick so maybe I can buy one of those before this week so I don't have to worry about it come Valentine's Day.  I don't where I am going to put it in my plan though.  At his house?  With the stuff I got him? And I still need to finish my garland too!!! This is going to be a stressful week I can tell, I have homework I need to do, work stuff, getting in shape, finishing Ben's Valentine's Day stuff, and wondering if I got accepted to grad school or not.     

No comments:

Post a Comment