Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Answer to Questions

I saw Ben last week. I was working on a group project at our former university and he stopped by to give us feedback on our project. It was the first time I had seen him since our last date night, which was in December. After we called it quits for the night, we went to eat. He gave me my Valentine's Day present which was the Hello Kitty nail art, 3 Twix bars, and Hello Kitty stickers. It was sweet since he knows I like Hello Kitty and painting my nails. Also, he knows I am not big on chocolate, but I do like chocolate with caramel, like Twix and Snickers. I wished I had brought him his gift. I wasn't sure if he was going to come or not and I didn't want to be seen with the gifts in my hands at my house. The only thing that killed the mood for me that night was seeing a deflated birthday balloon in the back seats of his car after the late dinner. It just reminded me of how little I get to see him and how I never get to celebrate a birthday with him. He got a phone call after the dinner and one of his friends asked if he was going to come for ditch day the following day. Every year his friends have a ditch day where they ditch either work or school and spend a day together. He had thought it was for the following week and was still thinking about going. So there was a 50/50 chance I would see him the next day or not. So the next day I worked on my group project. We were all hoping Ben would come but he didn't, he decided to ditch work. Ben offered to review our project. He said we could film it or send him the PowerPoint presentation but we just wanted to submit our project asap, which we did. I was bummed he didn't come because I brought his gifts too. He also wanted a date night for that weekend but I was busy with school and a part of me was hurt and bummed seeing the birthday balloon and how I brought his gifts but he didn't come. It didn't help that over the weekend I was watching Millionaire Matchmaker and Patty was asking the lady candidates what's the most romantic thing a guy has ever done for them. I thought about it and I really couldn't think of something. I once had a guy who tried to surprise me by taking me to a sushi restaurant in Laguna Beach. I declined because I had felt underdressed when I saw him and I didn't want to be out late. I also thought it was a little much for a first date but it was thought that counted. I'm still used to guys taking me to what Ben might consider chain restaurants and movies. Even now I couldn't answer that question. I mean Ben does help me with school when I really need it so that's romantic but romantic-romantic like someone sending me flowers at work, I guess no one has ever done anything that romantic. Patty also asked, "What's the most romantic thing they have done for a guy?" I thought about, I haven't done anything either I guess, so it does go both ways. I guess for me the only romantic things I have really done is decorate Ben's house and car for Valentine's Day. It would be nice for once if a guy actually did something romantic for me besides dinner and movies. I just want to feel special for once and have a guy take the time to plan and do something romantic and memorable.      

No comments:

Post a Comment