Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Lesson Learned

I am an aspiring anthropologist. I have a degree in this field but have had no luck finding a job in my dream field of anthropology. So for now, I am an aspiring anthropologist but I'll explain myself later because I want to talk about my day today.
 
So today I had a job interview at noon. So I got ready, map quested what the directions I needed and off I went. So I arrived early and went to a fast food place to relax, clear my head and calm my nerves for the interview. Soon it was time for me to leave and head to the building where I needed to be. I got out of the car, put my glasses on and headed towards the building. I opened the door and the desk was right there. Had I know that the front desk would have been right there, I would have taken my glasses before I opened the door. I told them I had an interview and told them my name and took a seat. A lady came out quickly and told me how we had spoken on the phone and how my apt. was at 9:30 and I thought I was 15 minutes early. I was shocked because usually I'm early not two hours late! To make matters worse, I was there sometime after 10 but went to the fast food place to past the time. Had I gone in, maybe I would have an interview. So the lady leaves and a younger women comes out and told me how I was scheduled for 9:30 and I told here I was under the impression it was at noon. The lady who I had spoken on the phone comes out and kind of sounds pissed off at me and mumbles something I couldn't understand before I left. I think she said "maybe" we will call you again but you know it could be "maybe when hell freezes over." First impressions are everything so if I do get a call back I don't think I would take it because she was a lil rude (even though I don't blame her because she was in the middle of a meeting) and they probably would not have let me forget that I was really late. Oh well, I don't have to worry about two jobs at once but I kind of wanted the job bc it's all year and i can renew my permit. Trying to cheer myself up I wanted to see if there was funny stories like my online and saw how begging and writing a sorry letter and explaining  the situation might help but I'm not going to do this bc I really want to put this behind me. So no interview for me and I just earned some negativity points with this company. I could tell they were super pissed by the tone of her voice but I don't blame her and to make matters worse I came when they were in "a big meeting" supposedly so there was def no time for a mercy interview and I'm pretty sure I ruined her day but it was an honest mistake. So I'm just going to put it behind me as mention earlier and focus on my new job and becoming an anthropologist. I bet I was the talk and the highlight of the day at the office which was small and full of women...ugh! I should have listen to my instincts and called to double check my time. I sure learned my lesson and double check times!

Has this ever happened to you? Please share your story, thanks! :D
    

No comments:

Post a Comment